11x8.5 watercolor and ink (STA Lictin 0.2 pen) in Bienfang sketchbook completed today for the last portrait in the #30Faces30Days challenge. I first sketched the muse in pen then added layers of purple, violet, magenta, quinacridones gold and burnt orange, thioindio violet, burnt sienna, raw sienna, aureolin, and transparent pyrrol orange. I left his white jiu jitsu clothing the white of the paper to focus only on face and neck. This one took about 2 days to do.
COPYRIGHT 2020 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment