Thursday, August 20, 2020
Brusho Bird on Dictionary Page in Junk Journal
8.25x5.25 mixed media done today, a bird sketched with Micron 03 ink pen on old dictionary page. I had first adhered the page with matte medium onto a junk journal page that had a sketch I did not like. When dry, the bird was inked in then I wet the shape with water and sprinkled black Brusho wc crystals. With a large round brush, I went over the crystals and blended them, continuing the same method to the bottom. Eye is black felt tip marker with white gel pen highlights and beak was yellow Brusho covered with orange colored pencil. India ink was dropped using a loaded chopstick from about a foot above the design.
COPYRIGHT 2020 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Mocking Bird Auto
11x15 watercolor on Fabriano Artistico 140 lb rough and Daniel Smith paints done first of September. I had not painted this deserted old bu...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment