Thursday, May 6, 2021
Southwest Orchid Cactus
6x9 watercolor and ink line on 140 lb cold press paper done today. The right side is part of an abstract that just didn't work. I took the cactus sketch and moved it around until it meshed with the other parts, then painted it in southwestern desert hues. Ink lines are done with STA Lictin .08 pen.
COPYRIGHT 2021 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shell Collection
7.5x5 watercolor and ink (Micron 01 pen) on Moleskine for watercolor sketchbook. A collection of various shells gathered from different co...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Mmm, nice. Goes great with the blue door previously. I like both.
Post a Comment