Saturday, July 24, 2021
Poppy Pretense
15x5.5 watercolor and black India ink on Saunders 300 lb cold press paper done previously. With large splashes of quinacridone coral, transparent pyrrol orange, Grumbacher red, and alizarin crimson I made blobs that are pretending to be poppies with your imagination. Ink line delineates petals, blooms, and stems and I accidentally sloshed some of it onto the background so it cannot be removed.
COPYRIGHT 2021 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Farmland Clouds
9x5.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on Canson 117 lb cold press done last part of September while on a trip to the mountains. In thi...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment