Wednesday, September 29, 2021
National Coffee Day
It is National Coffee Day! This is titled "PerkFection" and a day is always perfect once it is begun with that strong beverage with no cream no sugar. Size 8.5x5.5 mixed media on Bienfang sketchbook of a stainless steel percolator (people still use those? I do) and coffee cup with roses. After ink line drawing done with Micron 01 pen, watercolor was added to pot, cup, and table. Background is blue and red Montana acrylic markers.
COPYRIGHT 2021 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
This is a wow! I didn’t know it was coffee day and for the first time I can remember I didn’t have coffee until lunch time. Crazy. I may have missed if I had to fast for a blood test or something, but I never forget coffee. I love percolated coffee. We have drip now. I liked the Corning ware pots. Hmmm.
Post a Comment