Saturday, November 6, 2021

Sleepy Baby Burro

20.25x26.25 watercolor on Fabriano 140 lb cold press paper done as a demo for the Fredericksburg, TX art group Die Kunstler on Thursday night. This was the second time to paint this little burro and they gave me 2 hours to do it but I finished in 1 hour. A limited palette of quinacridone burnt orange, quinacridone gold, and ultramarine blue (Daniel Smith) was used plus an opaque Coastal Fog (American Journey). The opaque can give a soft texture for an animal's fur/hair. COPYRIGHT 2021 Kay Smith

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Awwww, so sweet. Congrats on finishing on time with such a nice painting. He does look soft. I want to go to a demo. Let me know when you are close again. I’m smiling...

Checkerboard Chicken

6x6 watercolor and black Brusho on Masters Touch 80 lb paper sketchbook done last week, another class exercise in color and pattern. Micron...