Thursday, December 30, 2021
Indonesian Man
12x5 mixed media on Grumbacher 140 lb cold press wc paper done last weekend for another timed WetCanvas event; ref courtesy Dewi Saputra. I used STA Lictin ink 0.3 pen to sketch him over a used paper sheet that had markings of all media on it. His face was not to my liking so I put white gesso over it, then re-sketched and painted with gouache and some watercolor. The "belt" was not part of his dark blue shirt (they dye their clothes this color) but is part of the original paper I painted around that now goes with the background.
COPYRIGHT 2021 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thunder Rolling In
6x6 watercolor using Daniel Smith paints in Master's Touch sketchbook, another in my imaginary skies series. With very little time to p...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
1 comment:
What a fun guy! Creative.
Post a Comment