Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Ocean Blues Abstract

12x9 acrylics and black ink on Grumbacher 140 lb CP paper done yesterday as the last lesson in Yvette St. Amant's online tutorial. In this lesson the exercise was called a divided composition where two blues were loosely applied with lots of water on the left and navy blue on the right. A cream color was applied with a long palette knife down the middle. When dry, black ink marks were put in vertically to tie the design together. This reminded me of the ocean and its colors. COPYRIGHT 2022 Kay Smith

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

I know nothing of abstracts so don’t comment on them very often. I do love the colors in this one and see the ocean …. I think. I’m smiling.

Lemons in Blue Bowl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. As part of a WetCanvas challenge we...