Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Quiet Cardinal 1

6x8.5 watercolor and ink (Uniball elite pen) on pink tinted Color-Sketch paper done in 2015 as a Sketchbook Skool exercise. They sent an email with instructions. You select an object and first draw it without looking at your paper. I used a photo of one of our backyard male cardinals. I got his back too high where it hits his crown and right foot is unattached to his body. Background is made up abstract forms and colors. We were asked to post our results on social media afterwards. Second bird was done almost identically but you're allowed three quick glances and that bird has been sold. Third bird gets five quick glances. Fourth bird you can have ten quick glances and are given two more minutes on details (that one is on blue tinted paper as I ran out of pink). A fun endeavor! I'm pretty sure my favorite will be this one as it was sketched so much looser. COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith

No comments:

Pear Abstraction

12x9 acrylics on Canson 140 lb cold press paper done last week or so. I took a pear painting then put in Photoshop under Artistic and cut o...