Sunday, June 11, 2023

Model

22x15 watercolor on Saunders Waterford 140 lb cold press paper with primary colors underpainting from my photos of various manikins. The model's hair and face were drawn first from an unusual viewpoint below the figure's waist looking upwards. A number of these lifeless models were fashion plates, wearing the finest women's clothing, from a Margaret's store exhibit in Lubbock, Texas. The store was an icon of quality couture for many years. Of course I exercised my artistic license and changed her dress from red and black to these magenta and purple/pinks. COPYRIGHT 2023 Kay Smith

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Love the colors and hair texture. I'm smiling. Happy Monday it is.

Three Red Pears

9x12 watercolor and gold Sharpie marker on Canson 140 lb cold press paper done last week, an exercise done for my Monday afternoon class. W...