Sunday, July 2, 2023
Owl Mystic
6x6 watercolor and colored pencil using Magic pencils by Koh-i-Noor in Master's Touch sketchbook, 80 lb paper. First I put the paper face down in palette multicolored watercolors to wet it for an abstract background, then sketched the owl when dry. Lastly, ink used with STA Lictin 0.5 pen to make tiny feather shape patterns. Ref was part of a WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event.
COPYRIGHT 2023 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment