Saturday, October 7, 2023
Alert Roadrunner
6x8 watercolor on Masters Touch 140 lb cold press paper over pencil sketch from my roadrunner photo in which I enlarged its head. Gansai Tambi watercolors were used for the bird's body. Background is burnt sienna, quin burnt orange and raw sienna with some color included in the feathers.
COPYRIGHT 2023 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Awww, gotta love the roadrunners. We have a pair by our house but haven't seen them much in this hot drought.
Post a Comment