Sunday, December 17, 2023
Joyful Cardinal
4x4 watercolor on 140 lb cold press paper, a sheet I used underneath smaller works. After a careful pencil sketch of the cardinal, I used three red and red-orange hues of paint and a mixed black for his mask. Lots of fun to paint these imaginary scenes with birds.
COPYRIGHT 2023 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
October Snowy Owl
8x5.5 watercolor on Strathmore Visual Journey for watercolor done Sunday this week while on a trip, a snowy owl against an abstract nature ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Cardinals always seem like Christmas to me. Maybe it is the red. This is beautiful.
Post a Comment