Saturday, August 6, 2011
Day Brightener
22x30 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper of orange and red daylilies and daisies growing through an old weathered fence. A few years ago I first painted this country scene and even then thought it needed more work. So I've now spent the day reworking its background and adding blooms, enhancing values, and trying to add a bit more punch overall. There is something about worn out wooden picket fences that beg to be painted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shell Collection
7.5x5 watercolor and ink (Micron 01 pen) on Moleskine for watercolor sketchbook. A collection of various shells gathered from different co...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment