Monday, August 22, 2011
White Cat "Sinatra" WIP Step 4
Now you can view the whole picture plane and see more background items revealed such as old lamp, glass clock dome, cut glass, and a small desk lamp. I did manage to paint negatively, his whiskers against the dark brown table edge (no masking used). The area over his left eye was glazed more as it fell into shadow and I did not have it dark enough. He is center stage now just like his namesake.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
This kitty is definitely a Time Keeper Kay! What a pretty composition. I feel that we are "watched" :)
Many Thanks!
Irina
Post a Comment