Sunday, December 18, 2011
Lilypad Illusions
11.5 x 28.5 watercolor over abstract underpainting with several blues and aureolin yellow applied very wetly. When dry, I used my #28 round brush only (no pencil) to do negative painting establishing forms of the pads. No masking fluid used, only paper over white flowers secured with bits of masking tape. Daniel Smith paints were used; backruns encouraged and enhanced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Farmland Clouds
9x5.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on Canson 117 lb cold press done last part of September while on a trip to the mountains. In thi...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
Kay this is so beautiful. I love your sense of play...
This is stunning!
Post a Comment