20x26 watercolor on Yupo synthetic paper, a product that allows pigments to sit on top and look more vibrant as they cannot soak into any tooth. So an artist must develop textural effects to accommodate. Here in this painting done a few years ago, I have used plain Jane pears and made them come alive.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Gosh I do love your vibrant work. Never heard of this paper, must investigate as I like to experiment.
Post a Comment