Friday, February 8, 2013
Fondness for Hearts
5.5x7.5 watercolor on 140 lb hot press paper done yesterday. I first drew in 4
heart shapes with a white wax crayon, then did a quick underpainting using
alizarin crimson and thalo blue. Over those colors I laid crumpled plastic wrap
and let it dry all day. Later, I lifted up the plastic to find a multitude
of crinkled areas from which new hearts were developed by negative and positive
painting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coffee Grinder & Pear
7x5.5 watercolor over ink line with Micron 0.3 pen. The ink sketch was done for a previous #InkTober for the prompt word 'ancient'...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
Oh Kay thank you for sharing. Iam inspired.
Great! Thanks, Cathy.
Post a Comment