9x12 watercolor on 140 lb cold press Canson paper, done yesterday from an older drawing. Previously I had painted it in abut 5x7 format, sold it, then again a bit differently on a half sheet watercolor paper measuring 15x22, and sold that one. With this last piece I let colors mingle and run and changed the background using American Journey's Blue Bice, my new favorite pigment, quinacridone gold and some arylide yellow.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
I love this, Kay! So summer-y.
Thank you, Billie!!!
Post a Comment