12x9 watercolor on 140 lb cold press Canson paper, a negative painting exercise I began to demo last week at the Florida workshop. First lay in light value wash of varied colors, let dry, then take the next value and paint behind in between spaces to form tree shapes, going darker each time. No pencil drawing was done. With this imaginary scene, I've put the setting sun on bottom left with water.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Caballero and Cactus
5.5x8.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on 80 lb sketchbook paper done the third week of September while on a trip. Another southweste...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment