4x6 watercolor and Micron 01 pen on a magazine insert card done yesterday for the 30 Cats in 30 Days challenge on Facebook and on WetCanvas! Meet Midget, who goes by Midge, all curled up in her kitty pet bed that is really brown in color, not lavender blue. (She's a rescue kitty from our town's kill shelter). I used a card from F+W Publications' Drawing magazine that I subscribe to for this cat pet portrait. Whiskers were painted around and not masked. Now all of the artists out there can save their art magazine inserts and do some serious painting on them rather than throwing away. I did not plan for Drawing to be across her white fur, it is just how it worked out luckily.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.
Friday, February 20, 2015
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment