Sunday, November 8, 2015

Reworked White Callas Floral Watercolor


24x18 watercolor on Canson 140 lb cold press paper reworked yesterday after seeing it in my floral painting pile, looking forlorn and needing attention.  The background was darkened using carbazole violet, quin burnt orange, UB, quin violet, and indigo.  Each lily was enhanced and dew or water drops added about.  Shadows were glazed again and overall colors were pushed to the max.  I do think I like it much better now than in the original work below from January 2013 that you can read about HERE.
Image is COPYRIGHT Kay Smith 2015.






No comments:

Checkerboard Northern Saw-whet Owl

6x6 watercolor using White Nights paints on Masters Touch sketchbook 80 lb paper done week before last. I used some of my saw-whet owl phot...