6x9 watercolor, acrylic, and ink on paper done a few days ago on our mountain trip. It is on a discarded book page and now most of the text is obliterated by paint. I had been photographing sea gulls again here in town; they fly over my office windows at work, too. This one sat perched on the concrete ledge of the roof as if waiting for a handout, the cheeky character. Since white gouache did not show up well on the paper I added white acrylic to bring out highlights. I really do like how this turned out using an unconventional support. Micron 01 pen used to sketch the bird.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Tuesday, February 16, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Shell Collection
7.5x5 watercolor and ink (Micron 01 pen) on Moleskine for watercolor sketchbook. A collection of various shells gathered from different co...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment