Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Gull Profile

6x9 watercolor, acrylic, and ink on paper done a few days ago on our mountain trip.  It is on a discarded book page and now most of the text is obliterated by paint.  I had been photographing sea gulls again here in town; they fly over my office windows at work, too. This one sat perched on the concrete ledge of the roof as if waiting for a handout, the cheeky character.  Since white gouache did not show up well on the paper I added white acrylic to bring out highlights.  I really do like how this turned out using an unconventional support.  Micron 01 pen used to sketch the bird.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Checkerboard Star Cat

6x6 watercolor using Rosa paints made in Ukraine recently done on Masters Touch 80 lb. sketchbook paper. Using my photo of a friend's a...