Sunday, November 28, 2021
Frozen Twisted Trees
5x8 mixed media on Canson 140 lb. cold press paper done today, an imaginary scene I could experiment on with different combinations. For this I did a pencil sketch first, then used white crayon over various tree parts, ground, and water. I used both black and white Brusho crystals next over a partially spritzed paper. I made a small amount of black Brusho mixed with water for a darker hue and used that to create more than one value. Diluted amounts of black and white Brusho made the sky and foreground.
COPYRIGHT 2021 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Excellent gestures of the trees and the dabs of warmth make it welcoming.
Post a Comment