Friday, September 6, 2024
Poppy Path
8x8 watercolor; I used a limited palette of aureolin, ultramarine, and permanent rose paints on 140 lb cold press paper by Master's Touch. First I did a wet in wet underpainting using the 3 colors. When dry, pencil sketched them in then went with what I felt like rather than using local color. Lastly, different color splatters were added to dry painting. Ref courtesy of artist Christine.
COPYRIGHT 2024 Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment