Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Next Class: 8 Jan. 2011 Ignoring Perspective

22x10 watercolor still life painted in April '09 after reading Shirley Trevena's books/video. I drew this from life and imagination ignoring perspective and fracturing shapes, colors, lines and values in a unique tablescape.
For my next Big Spring workshop we will be studying this method of painting to create new and unusual designs. Email me to sign up for this January 2011 class. This painting was SOLD at its first show.

4 comments:

Prerana Kulkarni said...

Liked the painting - very creative idea, the combination of colors is very effective.

Kay Smith said...

Thanks Prerana! It was a fun one to paint.

devotedmomof7 said...

FANTASTIC! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Shirley Trevena's book and work...kind of "borrowed" it from my mother so often that she gave it to me. I tried painting her style (Alana's Kitchen) but kept tightening everything up when all was said and done. It needs to start with the drawing being looser and less traditional, too, I imagine. You've nailed it!

Тања said...

If I may say, this is better. Believe me.

Eye of the Rooster

9x6 watercolor on Winsor & Newton 140 lb cold press paper, done earlier in the month using one of many rooster and chicken photo refere...