Saturday, April 20, 2013

Chef with Rainbow Trout

22x15 watercolor on Saunders 300 lb paper/Daniel Smith paints, done today as my 2 hour painting exercise.  I drew him with Pigma Micron 01 pen onto the heavy paper.  A large plate with fish was drawn to the left, ignoring perspective.  The initial sketch is below from which I drew this one.  First sketches are always the best and freshest, so unless you trace it, it won't look the same.

Ink sketch with Pitt grey pen, drawing the chef from life using one of my figurines from a cute chef collection.  This looks nothing like the figurine!

1 comment:

Linda Rupard said...

123I love your cook. Good job.
Linda

Checkerboard Chicken

6x6 watercolor and black Brusho on Masters Touch 80 lb paper sketchbook done last week, another class exercise in color and pattern. Micron...