Monday, April 14, 2014

Pansies, Violas and Spade

5x7.5 watercolor floral still life vignette featuring a tiny clay pot of violas and/or pansies and an old gardening standby tool, the spade.  I painted this a few days ago while in the mountains on my Moleskine wc book, wishing warmer weather and rain would come for planting.  My old spade has seen brighter days but still gives its all while repotting or dividing plants.  The new plastic coated spade is just not the same.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.

2 comments:

Lisa Graham said...

Such a cheerful painting. Now I want to go and buy some potted pansies.

Unknown said...

I know what you are saying Kay about the trusty old spade. I have one too. ;) Lovely little painting.

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...