Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July Watermelon - Ready for a Picnic!

9x12 watercolor still life I set up then photographed of a ripe red one on white paper plates complete with spoon, salt and pepper although we never use seasoning.  All is sitting on lightweight bamboo lap tray.  In the photo, I had a newspaper with July 4th ads showing underneath, but when painting today decided to eliminate text and just put in dark blue lines.  Maybe now it is a tablecloth! I cut this melon up and served with balsamic vinegar/blood orange sprinkled with feta cheese.  Note the melon's reflections in the silver spoon.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks simply DELICIOUS, Kay! I have one that I must cut this weekend; I hope it's sweet. I love the shadow on the melon and your reflection too.
Darla

Fluffy Cat with Orange Markings

8x6 watercolor on 140 lb cold press paper by Masters Touch, a cat pet portrait done earlier in the week. I only had a black and white photo...