Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Pear Study

8x5.5 mixed media of my pear, drawn today before I ate it.  At first it was too pretty to eat.  After studying it awhile I got out my black Pigma Micron 01 pen and Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media and drew the whole pear.  Then I cut it in half until seeds visible, and drew that along with its end and other sections including the core.  Then I took apart the seeds and sketched those.  Crosshatching was done for dark areas.  Media used was ink, watercolor, and colored pencils; the CPs were "color-sanded" into wet areas with fine grit sandpaper so the tiny specks you see are CP pigment bits.  When dry, I stamped 'pears' in black ink at the top and flicked wet paint spray.  An enjoyable Bartlett pear for sure after studying it first.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith

1 comment:

Laura Leeder said...

Love the feeling in the one! Pure delight.....

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...