5x7.5 mixed media on Moleskine sketchbook done today. In Sketchbook Skool part of the Fabio's assignment homework was to depict an object from life but draw with both hands. With a fresh red apple, I used a Micron 01 pen, then colored pencils around the tops. The right apple was first followed by the lefthanded drawn one. A bite was taken out for interest and because I was hungry. Watercolor was next using Grumbacher red, alizarin crimson, transparent pyrrol orange, gamboge, quinacridones gold an violet. Text applied last then splatters. It wasn't too difficult to draw and paint lefthanded as I'm ambidextrous anyway. The righthanded apple is fatter, though.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beer and Onion Rings
5.5x8 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media featured on a past WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event. In this event, a...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment