Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Poppy Persuasion in alcohol inks

5.5x8.5 alcohol inks on white foamcore done a few days ago, my first experiment with using Pinata inks.  Using a scrap of material I cleaned the surface with rubbing alcohol then spritzed it over, applying paint near the centre.  Tilting it caused the very transparent medium to blend and move.  I put two shades of red and one magenta along with yellow to form the focal point.  Dark blue and black were applied when dry for the stamens.  To me it resembled a poppy, hence the title.  Stay tuned for the second AI, also another floral, but a vivid sunflower.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...