Saturday, September 26, 2015

California Cow - (demo) Midland TX Worshop/Day 26 of 30 Challenge

24x18 acrylics on canvas that was today's lesson for my Palette Club workshop in Midland, TX.  We used palette knives to apply thick applications of paint, lifting paint, scraping back, then overall enhancing colors.  My photo was of a black and white Holstein that is now red and white.  I've done two other variations of it.  Look closely in its right ear (our left), and in lower right where I've stamped California in red orange using an old strawberry plastic basket cut up for stencils.

Here are some of the painters hard at work:  L to R Dee Kemp, Somita Fekete, Alicia from Houston, Mary Tucci, and Nancy Henderson.


Since 9-1-15, I've posted daily works on Leslie Saeta's #30paintingsin30days challenge she hosts annually on her blog Slices of Life you can see HERE.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Thirsty Bluetit Bird

6x6 watercolor and Brusho done last week of a thirsty blue tit or bluetit bird. I've used this same photo and painted the bird larger t...