Monday, September 28, 2015

Petting Zoo Sheep - Day 28 of 30 day challenge

5.5x8 gouache and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media done today, day number 28 of the 30 day Leslie Saeta challenge.
Last Wednesday after work I went to our annual Howard County Fair to judge the art/photography exhibits.  Next to the fairbarn was a petting zoo full of llamas, a cow, pigs, chickens, goats, sheep, miniature donkeys, etc., so I got lots of great photos of the animals.  They had all just been bathed, showered, or cleaned.  This one caught my eye with its black face and ears and was sketched with Lamy Safari pen and grey Noodler's ink.  Its black collar was cute so I've left it mostly local color.  The zoo animals even have their own cute website HERE for Great American Petting Zoo.

Since 9-1-15, I've posted daily works on Leslie Saeta's #30paintingsin30days challenge she hosts annually on her blog Slices of Life you can see HERE.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2015 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Fluffy Cat with Orange Markings

8x6 watercolor on 140 lb cold press paper by Masters Touch, a cat pet portrait done earlier in the week. I only had a black and white photo...