4x6 alcohol inks on professonal high gloss photo paper done today with repeated applications of the Jacquard Pinata inks. With alcohol 50% spritzed and dropped on the surface the initial magenta and blue mixed to form a dark purple. I've let it remain in upper right corner while washing away most of the other abstract pattern as it was too dark. Some areas simply coagulated then floated off the very slick paper, which are the lights seen. In those, I dropped yellow then blew the color around with a drinking straw. Also I used a plastic dropper for finer alcohol spots.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Farmland Clouds
9x5.5 watercolor using White Nights paints on Canson 117 lb cold press done last part of September while on a trip to the mountains. In thi...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Beautiful feel and colors!
- Connie
Post a Comment