22x15 Fabriano 140 lb hot press paper, charcoal drawing of a mannequin
profile, then watercolor, gouache, and gift wrap paper from Dollar
General used as collage in parts on her blouse. I had painted this
figure before only reverse profile using transparent watercolor. The hot press paper was treated first using a technique I described in this blog post where you lay phone book pages down then
peel them off, hence the title.
COPYRIGHT Kay Smith 2018.
Friday, August 17, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment