Friday, May 21, 2021

China Cabinet - a reworked still life

20x12.5 watercolor and gouache over a failed still life that was a floral in a red vase, a white pitcher, and onions on a white cloth and a blue and red table drape. I did not like the floral so turned it vertically and drew cups and saucers. Later I went back and added line to include Oriental fans, a pagoda, pink roses, etc. Then I reworked the bottom area by adding white gouache on cup and saucer, strengthening the reds and blues, then correcting compositional areas. My original still life that was drawn and painted from life has now been redone 3 times. COPYRIGHT Kay Smith

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Can’t believe the reworked painting, just lovely. I have a thing for mugs and cups so will say this is part of my virtual collection. I’m smiling.

Checkerboard Star Cat

6x6 watercolor using Rosa paints made in Ukraine recently done on Masters Touch 80 lb. sketchbook paper. Using my photo of a friend's a...