Friday, May 21, 2021
China Cabinet - a reworked still life
20x12.5 watercolor and gouache over a failed still life that was a floral in a red vase, a white pitcher, and onions on a white cloth and a blue and red table drape. I did not like the floral so turned it vertically and drew cups and saucers. Later I went back and added line to include Oriental fans, a pagoda, pink roses, etc. Then I reworked the bottom area by adding white gouache on cup and saucer, strengthening the reds and blues, then correcting compositional areas. My original still life that was drawn and painted from life has now been redone 3 times.
COPYRIGHT Kay Smith
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Zoo Elephants
9x12 watercolor with walnut ink on Canson 140 lb cold press paper; other colors used were raw umber and Payne's grey. Sketch done with...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Can’t believe the reworked painting, just lovely. I have a thing for mugs and cups so will say this is part of my virtual collection. I’m smiling.
Post a Comment