Monday, January 28, 2013

Garden Art ink sketch

Ink sketch 12x9 using black Tombow brush pen on Bristol paper, beginning with dark areas of stone garden angel's wings.  I used a photo (below) taken in Tyler, TX at a garden center where all sorts of outdoor art and statuary was available. (I used a black and white photocopy to do the value study.) After putting in darkest areas, I then took a script liner or rigger brush, size 1, and added water to make a middle value grey.  The image below is uncropped, almost a vignette.  I'll draw a pencil version on Arches 140 lb watercolor paper, and this will be the subject of next week's demonstration for an art association.

Here is the uncropped layout, with nearly square dimensions.

And the original photo reference for comparison...love those huge glazed blue pots!

No comments:

Checkerboard Star Cat

6x6 watercolor using Rosa paints made in Ukraine recently done on Masters Touch 80 lb. sketchbook paper. Using my photo of a friend's a...