7x10 mixed watermedia collage on Canson mixed media paper. Drawn with an orange Magic colored pencil, then a fast
underpainting with transparent pyrrol orange/quinacridone gold
watercolors was done. When dry, I added brown and quin burnt orange
patterns with some green, then the bg foliage. After that dried I used
brown torn tissue paper that had small squares and a giftwrap paper
featuring colored circles, adhered with matte medium. Lastly, I used a
blue Magic pencil to make calligraphy marks in bg trees and bushes.
COPYRIGHT 2018 Kay Smith.
Monday, June 25, 2018
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Pale Yellow Sunflower
5.5x8.5 watercolor and ink on Canson 117 lb using White Nights paints and Grabie 005 pen. This simple floral was done while on a trip in la...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
Love it. Thanks for sharing your process!
Thank you Joan for commenting!
Post a Comment