Thursday, February 9, 2012
Sunflower - WIP almost done
After intensifying the red background and leaves with additional washes or glazes, I loaded my 1/2" sable flat with gold, orange, red and blue paint then splattered each one randomly. Tony Couch once told me if you are going to splatter, then do so over the entire composition and not in one isolated area. Not done yet, but close. Now I'm contemplating partial outlining in black India ink. As this is an imaginary image I'm taking it slower than usual. Stay tuned for the final episode. It is at this stage that I select my next painting and began creative wheel turning, LOL!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beer and Onion Rings
5.5x8 watercolor and ink on Strathmore Visual Journal for mixed media featured on a past WetCanvas Weekend Drawing Event. In this event, a...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
Ciao, I saw your blogs many times because I like your peinture, the lively and intense colours and the gaiety who inspire your paints..
Ciao, Floriana
Post a Comment