15x22 watercolor on 300 lb cold press paper, drawn with Micron 01 pen in about 10 minutes, then painted in 1.5 hours. I was on a previous 2 hour timed painting exercise for WetCanvas. I laid strips of cotton gauze (the kind we used to have in surgery called 'Kling' wrap) on the ink line fish sketch then spritzed green, blue, and yellow dilute watercolor in spray bottles, let dry, pulled off, then mixed grays for the rest. Splattering was done at the end. This was a lot of fun using Daniel Smith watercolors.
Image COPYRIGHT Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

No comments:
Post a Comment