Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Sunflowers WIP continued

It is petal time now! The fun part begins.  Using same yellows and gold, I am putting light values next to middle values next to darks as with yellow everyone who paints knows you cannot darken yellow.  I will lightly dip into raw sienna, but very dilute, as it is an opaque and I enjoy its rich warmth.  Quin gold is more transparent but very close in value strength.  You can see I also used a small amount of transparent pyrrol orange by Daniel Smith, maybe my favorite color in the orange and red analogous color groups.  Time to close the studio and finish up tomorrow.

No comments:

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...