10.25x9 watercolor and ink on paper done today from an older photograph I shot in downtown Big Spring. Using Lamy Safari pen and grey Noodler's ink I got the two doors centered then added windows, wood trim, then bricks. These doors face west and ground floor of the old building was an antique store with living quarters upstairs. Walls were painted a pale warm beige unlike the painting showing reddish brown, and no flower pots or plants exist. This same building houses Alberto's Crystal Cafe to its east side on 2nd Street.
Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
White Stallion Horse
8x6 watercolors done last week using Daniel Smith paints on handmade rough 140 lb cold press paper. With this white horse I've used im...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...

No comments:
Post a Comment