Thursday, November 3, 2016
Internal Flower ~ alcohol inks
8x8 alcohol inks on white foamcore done today. Since the design was taking the shape of stamens and petals I decided it looked exactly like the inside center of a flower. The inks are a bit more easily controlled when using foamcore as a substrate or support. Black center tiny shapes were added at the end very carefully.Image COPYRIGHT 2016 Kay Smith.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Old Rusted GMC Truck
11x15 watercolor based on an earlier version of an old Jimmy, also sold, with this one a bit more green. Foliage is layered and I used neg...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

2 comments:
I didn't know alcohol could be such a grace :)
Thank you! Ink is an amazing medium.
Post a Comment