13x10 watercolor on matboard work in progress fiished today. I used touches of gouache to soften and mute out some of the more obvious black Micron pen lines and to add splatter in foreground water drops.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Locked and Loaded Cowboy
15x11 watercolor on Canson 140 lb CP done week before last, another in my western series. This is from a movie still of Clint Eastwood and ...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
3 comments:
I really like this one! Obviously the subject is rather easy on the eye ;0)
But I particularly love the way you have painted the water, which is something I struggle with, so I shall certainly take some inspiration away with me today :0)
Thanks Sandra! Glad you like this fellow.
To Suzy:
The surfboard is not transparent and the shadow across it is from his body and not his arm.
It's great that you posted the surfer painting from start to finish. It'll be a helpful guide for aspiring artists on how to play around with watercolor on matboard .
Post a Comment