Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Abstract Roses

15x22 mixed watermedia on Arches 140 lb cold press paper with wet in wet watercolors and gold spray paint.  Design element shapes were made with outlining round plates and using a ruler overlapping and darks laid in first under shapes to push them forward.  Cotton bandaging was pulled apart, then put over that, wet, then dropping various blues and reds.  When dry, spray paint was applied outside. I began to see rose shapes, petals and stems so enhanced what I saw adding and subtracting.  Its focal point thus contained the largest red rose shape.  Lastly, stamping was done with small circular rubber stamp at random.

2 comments:

Watermarycolors said...

Amazing painting, I like the composition you and the colors, you never stop!! :)

Watermarycolors said...

Sorry! I mean, I like the composition and the colors, you never stop..

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...