Friday, April 4, 2014

Palm Breezes

30x10 watercolor of the very top side of a Florida palm tree completed today. I was going thru all my tree, Florida, Bermuda, and Nassau photos, and selected one to do a detail of instead of the entire trunk and all those fronds. Since Mollie Jones and I are going to be in Indian Rocks Beach in August teaching watercolor, this one got me into the tropical mood. It was a chilly day here and a sandstorm yesterday, so why not dream of the beach and its charms?! Daniel Smith paints:  Quinacridone burnt orange, magenta and gold, Undersea Green, Gamboge, UB, Manganese, arylide, Prussian blue on 140 lb Canson paper cold press.
Image is COPYRIGHT 2014 Kay Smith.

No comments:

Dry Desert Icons

30x22 watercolor on Kilimanjaro 140 lb cold press paper painted earlier in the month. I have painted this southwest landscape mission more ...