Here's the underpainting for a bunch of grapes on the vine, courtesy Dewi on WetCanvas! I used a black & white copy of the photo ref and drew them in about 15 minutes, then a few minutes more to slosh on wet paper arylide, prussian blue, alizarin crimson loosely. I will take it along on my trip out of town tomorrow and hope to finish it in the hotel room. It is watercolor on 9.5 x 7 cold press paper.Monday, April 25, 2011
Grapes - work in progress
Here's the underpainting for a bunch of grapes on the vine, courtesy Dewi on WetCanvas! I used a black & white copy of the photo ref and drew them in about 15 minutes, then a few minutes more to slosh on wet paper arylide, prussian blue, alizarin crimson loosely. I will take it along on my trip out of town tomorrow and hope to finish it in the hotel room. It is watercolor on 9.5 x 7 cold press paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coffee Grinder & Pear
7x5.5 watercolor over ink line with Micron 0.3 pen. The ink sketch was done for a previous #InkTober for the prompt word 'ancient'...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...
No comments:
Post a Comment