This watercolor work is about 9x11 and is a section I cut out of a large Cracker Barrel map of the USA. I love to eat there and these maps are free that show all their restaurant locations.
Years ago I'd painted this pair of horses in a smaller format and given to my brother Stan. Unsure if the medium would color the paper enough I did have to use 2-3 washes in this vignette and of course draw the animals larger. They were eating hay when I took their photograph and the white horse is eating quickly while the bay is watching something at a distance. Paints used: Daniel Smith quinacridone burnt orange and gold, UB, manganese, arylide, raw sienna, undersea green, carbazole violet, cobalt teal blue.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coffee Grinder & Pear
7x5.5 watercolor over ink line with Micron 0.3 pen. The ink sketch was done for a previous #InkTober for the prompt word 'ancient'...
-
12x4.75 watercolor and ink on old ledger paper done a few days ago. I drew the bird with a black Tombow brush pen then added watercolor, ...
-
20x16 torn paper collage on wrapped canvas started yesterday (see the first phase posted below) then finished up today. Using various hea...
-
15x11 watercolor of a very large strawberry painted twice on separate 140 lb cold press Kilimanjaro paper, then cut one into horizontal st...

1 comment:
great idea and works well,I'm inspired!
Post a Comment